SDF: Now Blue, for an Easier Application!
As you may already know, Silver Diamine Fluoride (Advantage Arrest, 8 mL economy-size bottle) is becoming more and more used and known has a powerful tool to arrest caries even if cavitated lesions are present, in children, but also in adults.
And today, we have a great news to announce! Starting now, all the bottles of Advantage Arrest offered will be a new enhanced version with a blue-colored liquid. This new feature makes it easier to see and to apply versus a colorless product.
This decision has been made by the manufacturer, Elevate Oral Care, to enhance the clinician's experience.
It is also important to say that the color is created by a regular colorant (non-medicinal ingredient) and that it does not affect the product in any way.
As Elevate Oral Care explains on their website: « SDF will change how you offer your patients the protection they deserve. Advantage Arrest silver diamine fluoride 38%:
comes in a 8 mL economy-size bottle and is now a new enhanced version with a blue-colored liquid. Additionally to a caries treatment, it also
- Provides immediate relief from dentinal hypersensitivity
- Kills pathogenic organisms
- Hardens softened dentine making it more acid and abrasion resistant
- Does not stain sound dentine or enamel
- Can provide important clinical feedback due to its potential to stain visible or hidden lesion. »